BOSS® 388 RTV 100% Universal Silicone Sealant is a paste-like, one component material which cures to a tough, rubbery solid when exposed to moisture in the air. Since it will not flow of its own weight, this sealant can be applied overhead or on sidewall joints and surfaces without sagging, slumping or running off. It will adhere to clean metal, glass, most types of wood, silicone resins, vulcanized silicone rubber, ceramic, natural and synthetic fiber, as well as painted and many plastic surfaces.
BOSS® 388 has good resistance to weathering, vibration, moisture, ozone and extreme temperatures. It may be applied in sub-zero weather without loss of extrusion or physical property characteristics. Fully cured BOSS® 388 can be used for extended periods at temperatures up to 400°F (204°C).
• Sealing windows in oven doors and flues on gas appliances, flanged pipe joints and access doors
• Adhering auto and appliance trim, including metal, fabric and fabric backed plastics
• Sealing trailers, truck cabs
• Filleting and caulking joints in sheet metal stacks, ductwork, and equipment housings
• Bonding gaskets in heating and refrigeration units
• Sealing of marine cabins and windows
• Anti-abrasion coating
• Bonding signs and sign letters
• Attaching screwless brackets or nameplates and tacking plastic materials to metal
• Formed-in-place gasket for gear boxes, compressors, pumps